St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy (www.ststansacademy.org) is a growing, independent Catholic elementary school (preK 3 – 8th grade) in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We are seeking a dynamic, ambitious and social media savvy Assistant Principal who loves to work with children and be a part of a thriving, positive, Catholic school! If you like to be surrounded by like-minded educators, we would love to meet you!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage student admission process and transportation
- Serve as central coordination for Academy communications via the website, email newsletters, local press and community updates
- Manage and teach Afterschool Program
- Manage fundraising events for lower school (PreK3-3rd grade)
- Assist Principal with parent communications and addressing concerns
- Teach Spanish to grades PreK3 – 8th grade
- Assist in classrooms as needed
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including database and spreadsheets. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Excellent social media skills across multiple channels
- Customer service orientation. Employs diplomacy in all interactions. Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy in a highly confidential and professional setting.
- Time Management and Organization. Keeps track of multiple ongoing projects and deadlines
- Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes
- Willing to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to innovate and support the organization
- Fifteen (15) or more credits towards completion of Masters degree, conferred by a college or university registered by the New York State Board of Regents or accredited by an appropriate regional accrediting agency. Degree will be completed by the end of the third (3rd) full academic year after the appointment date as Assistant Principal.
- Minimum of four (4) years teaching experience during which time she/he has demonstrated leadership ability within the school/Academy setting
- Holds a Certificate of Initial Faith Formation, or its equivalent, as verified through the Office of Faith Formation
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Background in early childhood education a plus
The Assistant Principal will report directly to the Academy Principal. Duties involve working collaboratively with Board of Directors, Parent Volunteers and the Academy Principal. Work hours may vary and will include some evenings and weekends. Additional duties may be assigned by Academy Principal as deemed necessary. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps. St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is commensurate with experience. St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.