Homework for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
13 Days until First Penance!
Thank you everyone for coming to our Social Studies Fair! The children worked hard on their projects and they were very proud to show them! We will display them in school for a while before they are brought home.
1. Vocab. – Write a paragraph “The Glistening…”
2. Sci. – page 84 in workbook, answer question 19; in your notebook draw and label the 3 parts of the Earth (crust, mantle and core) Color and write about it.
3. Religion – color cross for Lent; workbook page 120 Faith on the Go, due Friday. Answer the question in your notebook.
4. Reading Logs due.
5. Art Show is tonight at 7pm.
6. Wednesday is Dress Down Day and Sharing Smiles Klub.
7. Please see special note about Penance. The date for Penance is March 24th at 6pm. For Penance, the children should wear neat clothes. No sneakers, jeans or sweatpants. The boys should wear a nice shirt/sweater with pants and their school shoes. The girls can wear a skirt/dress or pants and shirt/sweater with flats or boots.
For Communion, the boys need to wear a navy blue suit. They will be given the tie and arm bow.
The girls need to wear a white dress with a sleeve. It should be knee length or a little longer but not ankle length. They should wear white tights and shoes with a little heel. Please no sandals, flip flops,ankle socks or sleeveless dresses.
Have a nice night!
Reading Logs due with as many books as you have read since December. Art Show at 7pm
Wednesday – Science/writing quiz (using an article from current events that will be given in class to write a summary.
Thursday – Reading Comprehension Quiz – reading passages and answering questions related to main idea, characters, setting, plot.
Friday – math and vocab. quizzes.